More than 8.1 million children across the United States start their day with the School Breakfast Program, a Federal program that provides States with cash assistance for non-profit breakfast programs in schools and residential child care institutions.
- 2010 Child Nutrition Reauthorization School Breakfast Program Updates
- Wisconsin School Breakfast Program Grants
- National School Breakfast Week – March 2-6, 2015
Starting a School Breakfast Program
- Serving Up a Successful School Breakfast Program - A Guide for School Breakfast Program Implementation, September 2009 *This document is in the process of being updated and does not currently contain accurate information on the updated meal pattern regulations for the School Breakfast Program in School Year 2014-2015.
- School Breakfast 101
- School Breakfast Program Cost/Benefit Analysis: Achieving a profitable SBP
UW Extension, Family Living Program, with Cost Analysis Spreadsheets
- USDA - Discover School Breakfast Toolkit This toolkit has tips and information on starting or expanding a breakfast program, menu planning, designing a marketing plan, financial planning, surveys, flyers, brochures, posters and other promotional pieces.
- Resources You Can Customize to Meet Your School's Needs
- To sign your school up for this program or for more information contact Tracy Pierick at (608) 266-7112.
Wisconsin School Breakfast Statistics
School Breakfast Program Enrollment and Participation Report (E&PR)
These data reports provide district level information regarding student enrollment and free and reduced price eligible students. The report also provides meal participation data by free/reduced price and paid categories.
The source data for the annual E&PR comes from annual October reimbursement claims submitted to the DPI by Local Education Agencies (LEAs). The source data entitled "October 2010" comes from October 2010 reimbursement claims. Schools have 60 days after the last day of the month to submit claims therefore data is first assembled at the beginning of January. E&PR is typically posted near the beginning of the following year.
- October 2013
- October 2012
- October 2011 (Note: "Public" and "Private, RCCI, and 2R Charter" schools data are separated by tabs)
- October 2010 (Note: "Public" and "Private" schools data are separated by tabs)
- October 2009 (Note: "Public" and "Private" schools data are separated by tabs)
- October 2008
- October 2007
- Archived Previous School Years
School Participation and Service Models
These data reports provide school level information regarding whether the school is serving breakfast or not and if they are what type of breakfast serving model is used. Schools offering the School Breakfast Program and those that are not are separated on two different tabs
Food Research and Action Center (FRAC) Report
This FRAC report presents state-by-state School Breakfast and Lunch participation data by School Year and the national rankings of each state.
- 2013-14 School Breakfast Scorecard
- 2012-13 School Breakfast Scorecard
- 2011-12 School Breakfast Scorecard
- 2010-11 School Breakfast Scorecard
- 2009-10 School Breakfast Scorecard
- 2008-09 School Breakfast Scorecard
- 2007-08 School Breakfast Scorecard
Tracy Pierick, MS, RDN, CD
Public Health Nutritionist